Not PMS, but... ?

As I am becoming more aware of my body and paying attention, I have come to realize I have a cycle too.
Obviously I'm not genetically female (and not on hormone therapy yet; so could I actually still be on a physiological cycle of some sort?

Why might I ask that, you say?

Here's the deal:
Yesterday I cried my eyes out watching A Dog's Purpose. And even though I knew this was a likely outcome given the subject matter, I really felt like going with the emotions... I really felt like I needed to allow myself to fully feel what I knew I needed to feel.

But that's not all. I'm achy, and tired, irritable today. Partly because I gained a freaking six pounds since Saturday! It has to be water, right? I don't think I've eaten six pounds of food in two days!!!

And I feel sad. Not depressed, but just acutely aware that change in my life is happening at a glacial pace, or so it seems.

And I consider all of these symptoms and I realize that they're the same ones I hear all the time from my cis-gendered friends.

PMS? Obviously not. But I don't think I am bipolar, which is another plausible explanation.

I don't know... But the sensitivity to, and the experience of this combination of insults to my well-being all at once definitely give me greater respect for the monthly affronts that genetic females endure routinely.

So there it is.

I don't know if I even have the right to compare; but I think I've became more aware and appreciative of my sisters at least.

Comments