Shaving and self love (not THAT kind !!!)

So the first time I shaved my legs, I got a pleasant surprise, which I will tell you about in a minute.

But first, I want to relate that the experience was a milestone type of awakening for me.

I did it in the shower, and used one of the commonly available specially designed razors for sensitive skin. I also forgoed using shaving cream; instead using a good lather of body wash which I use daily.

Its nicely scented, has moisturizers and a little bit of some special essential oil I think for the skin.

It worked out fabulously; I took long strokes from the top of my foot up to my knee, working around each leg, and rinsing the razor under the showerhead often. Then carefully up over the knee, and the back of the knee all around again, and finally I did the same to my thighs, the backs, above the knee, you know...

What I learned doing this deliberate act, was a sense of self- love because I was doing something for Allie, specifically, that I would not have done otherwise.
Each deliberate stroke of the razor made me feel more authentic; more sensual (and not in a sexual way but in the way that ones senses are experiencing something) and of course more feminine.
It felt good to take the extra time, the warm water running on me,  the bodywash feeling gentle and smooth, its fragrance calming my spirit and stimulating my senses. A truly wonderful ten minutes.

And then I was done, and the water was getting cold, and I had to stop.
So I went about the rest of my morning routine; and it was OK. I felt really calm and energized and in touch with my feminine self.

Then I got dressed for work, (where it's still necessary for me to present male), and that was OK too, because I had just acknowledged, embraced, and spent some time nurturing Allie, and hence was able to be at peace with the necessities of life in my world.

As I dressed, the most pleasant and amazing feeling surprised me when I put on my cargo pants. I could feel every fiber, every stitch and even the cool air against my naked skin underneath. IT was amazing! Its like my skin never had actually felt the touch of my clothing before; presumably because of the fine insulation of body hair which was now absent.

And even better, this feeling stayed with me secretly throughout the day, every movement reminding me how smooth and silky my skin now was. It was actually almost as titillating as discovering the secret pleasure of wearing lingerie again.

What a wonderful feeling to look forward to! It wasn't long after this particular experience that I did the same to my chest, and underarms; and while the act of depilating myself in these areas was self affirming too, it did not create a similar sensation afterwards.
Maybe it's because the contact of clothing in these parts isn't as close; but I think it may also be that there are fewer nerve endings in those areas of the skin?

Anyhow, I now shave my legs every Tuesday morning, because I have group Tuesday night and this helps me set my mood for the day and extending to the evening. I also shave other days if I expect to be wearing shorts, or maybe just because I want some extra self-care.

Life is in the details, and I am learning to pay attention more closely, and enjoy them to the fullest!

Comments