Pretending to be rich in L.A.

I spent last weekend at a management conference in the financial district of Los Angeles.
I am pretty sure I was the lowest paid attendee there - (I could never spend on my own what it costs to stay there, even on a vacation) 
Part of the invite was a comped night at the Intercontinental Hotel Downtown, and because I have a club card they upgraded me to a corner suite on the 41st floor.
So here I am having my dinner at 9pm and pondering a scandalous thought:
What if Allie went to the conference instead? I had never met anyone there before and also had not done business with any of them either.

Tempting, it was. But I felt like the distraction of 'coming out' to all these strangers, although personally satisfying, would likely be unfair to them and would distract us all from why I was there in the first place. 

So I presented male as expected for the event sessions, and actually learned a few things while I was there.

Only the wonderful sweet heart of a housekeeper knew Allie was staying in my room; I had left this big mess of cosmetics strewn about the vanity in the morning, and had also hung a pair of panties over the towel bar to dry after rinsing them out when freshening up.
When I got back to my room that evening all of my things had been beautifully arranged and laid out with care on the countertop, and my lingerie was hung on a clip hanger to dry properly.

I never got the chance to thank her in person which kinda made me sad. But I left a fat tip (by my standards anyhow) so I hope I brightened her day a little too  :)

Comments