First swim of the season

I love the ocean.

Because I live so close I get to spend a lot of time there; its my happy place. If im upset or pensive or pretty much in any other mood, going there always makes me feel better.

Actually getting in the water and enjoying the feeling of floating, being gently (and sometimes not so gently) moved by the waters is amazing.

Today I have a room literally overlooking the beach and it's almost warm enough to swim without a wet suit. Thanks to Amazon, I also now own a two piece spring swim set made from the thinnest of wet suit material but still forgiving enough to get in and out of without major effort.  It is a gray, long sleeve top and calf length "shorty" design, and has a nice pale blue Hawaiian pattern on the sleeves and accent panels.

I'm about to go get in the 59 degree water and hopefully enjoy it more than I would have in just board shorts.

Either way, I'll be

Happy happy happy :)

(** Update ** I think I rather look a bit like a dolphin in this suit. Which I kind of like actually)
And it did the job nicely, I was quite a bit more comfortable than I thought I would be. A smashing success, and I plan to do so again tomorrow.

Comments