I REALLY LIKE the tourist part

I like that I have some friends in several different cities that only know me as a female; or at least as a trans female. I love the fact that they were all engaging and respectful when we first met, and have befriended me even though at first impression I appeared outwardly to be different.

Today, in the parking lot of a strip mall I was recognized by someone who manages our favorite pizza place in this city; and they had not seen me in many months but were genuinely happy to see me (and my wife and our dog). They were excited to hear that I was planning to come back in July, too.

People everywhere can be gracious and kind and wonderful in any place. It renews my faith in humanity, in spite of the awful bickering the media always puts in front of us that would have us believe otherwise.

And I think as long as I am authentic and forthcoming in my travels and what I project, it will be returned in kind.

Also, as a footnote, I also love the fact that nowadays when I encounter the police, I am comfortable and they also are respectful and engaging. There was a time when I thought being trans and presenting female would attract unwanted attention; and also before those times there was the ever present suspicion I would encounter presenting male and having contact with law enforcement; ever the potential predator, ever the possible suspect. I've never really felt that the police were there to protect Me before now... so yeah, that's cool too.


Comments