I'm comfortable in my own skin, but it makes others uncomfortable

For so many years I carried on feeling uncomfortable, because I assumed I was deviant and unlovable if I was authentic about presenting the way I felt sometimes.

Now, I present the way I feel, more often than not (the not being when I am at work or potentially representing my organization) - and for the most part the people I dont know are OK with that. I almost always recieve respect and often are engaged more by strangers, than if I was concealing the self of the moment.

So why do non aligned people that I DO know get so uncomfortable around the idea so much more often? At face value its said to be out of concern for me; yet I wonder if its more self serving on their part.

More later. Just a random thought for now...

Comments