Pride in the Plaza tomorrow

The more time I spend presenting as my true self, the more bold I become in owning my identity everywhere.

A year ago I wouldn't have dreamed of going to a local LGBTQ event as Allie, out of fear of being outed by a coworker or business contact that only knows me by my given name.

The acceptance I have encountered by total strangers during my tourist journeys encourages me to also be authentic in my expression at or near home, even if it could result in being outed where I am not fully ready.

My pride in who I am and the positivity and personal growth that results from owning it, gives me strength to face the unknown. and I am PROUD of Allie, and all that she stands for. So, I will be going tomorrow to this event and I plan to fully enjoy myself without trepidation.

Comments